Sharing five key elements that determine the value of your home.
Have you ever wondered what causes a home to sell? Many of my clients have asked me about this, and I say that it boils down to five causes:
1. Price. If you overprice your home, no one will come to look at it. If you underprice it, you will end up getting lower offers than what you could’ve gotten. Pricing is extremely important, so make sure to consult with an expert.
2. Location. A home’s value is largely based on its location. If someone doesn’t want to live in that location, your home won’t be worth as much. The opposite is also true. This preference could be because of work, school, nearness to family and friends, and more. Just know that location makes a big difference.
3. Condition. How does your house look? Have repairs been made? Are things broken? If there’s something that might deter a buyer, fix them before putting your house on the market.
4. Accessibility. You need to make sure you’re available to have your house shown at any time. A buyer might not come back when you’re ready, especially in this fast-paced market. Your availability for showings will impact the offers you get.
5. Terms. You need to decide which terms you’d be willing to accept. This could be about the closing date, the type of financing, or any other number of things. If you open yourself up, you’ll have a bigger buyer pool.
These five things will all greatly impact the value of your home once you put it on the market. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out by phone call or email. I’d be delighted to go into more detail with you.